Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beautifying the Bachelor Pad

I thought it would be fun to post a few updates that we've done to the house.  We haven't done a TON, but considering Dano lived here alone and every single wall was pure white and furniture was just floating around, we have made some vast improvements!!

And who doesn't love a good before and after :)

Disclaimer: there is still A LOT to be done!!   I would say this room is about 60% done, still need some window treatments, throw pillows, more decorative things, entry table and mirror...you get the picture.  Long way to go, but has come a long way too!


Before: Dano had the TV somewhere else first, but we thought this nook was a convenient, out-of-the-way place for it.

 After: Dano mounted the TV to the wall, mostly so Clyde wouldn't destroy it: still working on managing the cords.  The grapes aren't part of the decor, I was actually eating them :)


Before: like I said, furniture strewn about, tennis shoes, laundry, that disgusting "basket" chair.  Ugh!  Keep in mind, I did NOT live here at this point!!

After: Still need some window treatments, among other things, but a big improvement!  Sidenote: the leather furniture was NOT my doing, but Dan purchased it before we got back together for the millionth time, so I had no input and now we are stuck with it.  But I'm trying to make the best of it!



1 comment:

  1. Love these before and afters. The house looks so nice ;)

    ReplyDelete