Monday, July 30, 2012

17 Weeks


I think I'm sporting somewhat of a bump at this point.  It bums me out that my "upper" tummy is so large and bumpy too :(  That's what makes me look bigger than I should.  If it wasn't for that, I think I'd have a cute little pooch at this point.  Instead, I end up with more of a "B" shape instead of that cute "D" shape.  Haha, oh well!!


There isn't a lot of progression so far, but I happened to be looking back at my earlier pictures the other day and realizing that I'm showing more than I thought I was.  At 8 weeks, my tummy was relatively "flat", but it definitely already started getting "bumpy" at week 10, not cute bumpy, but more like lumpy :)


How far along? 17 weeks

Maternity clothes? Same as always, but I am probably going to be needing fall and winter things.

Exercising: Been struggling with that lately.  Thank God for yoga, cuz our walks have been few and far between!  The heat lately has not been helping for wanting to go out for a walk. I better start getting on this more before the 3rd trimester when I'm huge and exhausted again!

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Been doing ok with sleep, pees per night seem to be down.  At this point it's usually Clyde walking on my head or meowing because I'm not giving him attention that wakes me up!
 Using the remote as a pillow :)

Best moment this week: Hmm being almost certain I am feeling kicks is pretty awesome.  Also making our first trip to Buy Buy Baby (or Baby World as Dan calls it :) ) was pretty fun/overwhelming.  And Brewer game with most of the fam was pretty fun. 
Should have probably stayed seated, we look like giants!

Have you told family and friends: Yes.  I was just telling Dano the other day how weird it feels that everybody knows!  It felt like I kept it secret for a REALLY long time!  Pretty much ONLY our immediate families knew from about week 6-12.  That was extremely long and hard for me!  So the other day when one of our flooring suppliers at work congratulated me, it was definitely a little weird!!  Not bad, just odd that it really is out there!

Miss Anything? Nothing new.  Whenever we have a new event to go to, I remember how much I miss an ice cold beer or cocktail.  We had our high school reunion this week, and MAN I could have used a beer there!

Movement: I'm pretty sure I am feeling it at this point.  It's like a light popping or tapping in my lower belly.  SO FUN!  I can't wait to start feeling it more and definitely knowing for sure!

Food cravings: Sweets and fruit, especially pineapple!  YUM!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same as always; tuna, subs, and coffee :(  booo.  I have not had a sub since I had Jimmy Johns back in like April...and eww just typing Jimmy Johns kinda made me want to heave!  I can however drink those cold Frappuccino things that Starbucks makes that they sell at gas stations or the grocery store!

Have you started to show yet: I guess, I can still suck some of it in, but not all of it, and lately I've just been letting it hang out!

Gender prediction: GIRL!  I feel like Dan and I are already set that it IS a girl, so hopefully we won't be too disappointed if it's a boy, because I still think it probably is...just because we are so set on girl.  I mean whenever we talk about names, it's only girl names, whenever I think about room decorating it's always pinks and purples and girly stuff, whenever I picture our gender reveal I always see pink.  We went "baby shopping" for the first time the other day and I could not stop looking at little tutus and hair bows and flowers!  AWW!!!  ... oh man, it's definitely going to be a boy...we will know NEXT WEEK!!!!!!

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? In and it better stay that way!  I HATE belly buttons!!  So for anyone who doesn't know or has been wondering about this, I seriously HATE belly buttons, they give me the heebie geebies!  I can't stand seeing people stick their finger in theirs and I can't stick my finger in my own or even really get near it!  It really makes me kind of nauseous, and this isn't just a pregnancy thing either, it's all the time.  So if that sucker pops out, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, maybe put a bandaid on it, haha!

Wedding rings on or off? On, but definitely getting tighter and tighter!

Happy or Moody most of the time: I'd say happy.  Still have my crabby days here and there, but having a lot to look forward to helps!  See next question...

Looking forward to: So much!  We are FINALLY getting a new fridge, range, and kitchen table!  When Dan moved in, there were no appliances, so I'm pretty sure he bought a fridge, range, washer, AND dryer for about $400!!  They all "worked" (well the washer pooped out not long ago) but they were definitely ugly and kinda gross!  So that will be a huge improvement to the kitchen.  Our anatomy/gender ultrasound is only a week away!  Which, by the way, how cute is it that in Dan's little calendar that he has (his "paper iPhone" he calls it) he wrote "baby appt" on that day.  Haha, I just thought that was adorable :)  Also the State Fair, going to Sturgeon Bay in a few weeks, a group Brewer game, PACKERS!  Lots of fun things coming up, which will also make summer come to an end quicker, and I am totally fine with that!  I have major fall fever already!
  
Not loving: My new symptom; acid reflux...or maybe heartburn!?  I'm not totally sure what it is, because I don't think I've ever had it before, but it feels like my throat or esophagus is on FIRE!!  It's been happening a lot after I eat, it just feels like my throat is burning.  So, Tums have become my friend.  Also I'm getting hungrier.  I've been eating 2 breakfasts most days; cereal when I get up and then a bagel or something on the way to work and then I'm ready for my piece of fruit by 10am....and my crackers and cheese...and am pretty much still dying for lunch by noon!


Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment