Tuesday, July 10, 2012

14 Weeks


I was not excited about the pic this week.  I loved the board, but not so much me.  Ugh.  "Bump" may be rounding a little, but probably just pushing out more fat!  And where are these ginormous pregnancy boobs you are supposed to get?!?!  I was really looking forward to that!  But I think I need a magnifying glass to see them instead!  
Notice the red, white, and blue nails too :)

How far along? 14weeks 2days
 
Maternity clothes? Same as always.  Thinking about purchasing a maternity winter coat because a) I am SURE I am going to need one since I'm due in January and am a baby about cold weather and b) they are marked way down right now.  So it's only $50 for a long, puffer, maternity coat.  Still deciding, so many people ascribe to the "I just can't spend money on something I'll only wear for 2 or 3 months" theory, but what else can I do??  Any thoughts from past cold weather mommies?? 

Exercising: Went to the gym this week!!  Did some elliptical and light weights, and it felt GREAT!  Definitely have to try to keep it up.  And the next yoga session is just around the corner!  

Stretch marks? Not yet.
 
Sleep: Eh, some nights good, some nights bad.  Still getting up to pee a lot and from being extremely hot these past few days, even though our air is turned WAY down.  I also am always thinking about this "no sleeping on your back thing".  I've heard you are supposed to start that around you 2nd trimester...is that true?  Doesn't it matter more when both the baby and I get bigger??  Either way, everytime I roll to my back or wake up on my back, I'm like "crap!"  and then I can't get comfy.  I'm also starting to think I shouldn't sleep directly on my tummy, which I do a lot too.  It's not that I'm having "trouble" sleeping or uncomfortable, I'm just always thinking about these things and then that's keeping me up worrying! 

Best moment this week: Dan having off on the 3rd of July and getting to go to the lakefront fireworks together!  

Have you told family and friends: Yes, it's out!
 
Miss Anything? Nothing new. 

Movement: Not yet, hopefully soon-ish!
 
Food cravings:  Not so much lately, still loving sweets and homemade fruit smoothies!  I feel like I get REALLY full and uncomfortable really quickly and easily and then feel like poop for hours!  I think my stomach is running out of room in there...so maybe if my tummy would just pop.... ;)
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Tuna, coffee, cold cuts/subs.  Although I'm starting to think that maybe if I just forced myself to take a bite of these things, I might be past the aversion.  It's not so much that the thought of them makes me want to vom anymore, but I still just have no desire to consume them.  I'll probably just leave well enough alone because, ironically, they are all things you are "supposed" to avoid or have in moderation when preggo. 

Have you started to show yet: Don't wanna talk about this!!!! 

Gender prediction: 5 weeks 5 weeks 5 weeks!!!!  And we are planning a VERY exciting gender reveal photo shoot courtesy of Molly Johnson Photography!  So stay tuned for that!! 

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? In and it better stay that way!  I HATE belly buttons!!
 
Wedding rings on or off? On
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but starting to get depressed that my clothes really do NOT fit me.  I think it's bothering me most because I had lost some weight around our wedding last year, and since the wedding I've unfortunately been putting it back on :(  So a lot of my clothes were already starting to get tight before I even got pregnant.  I've been in maternity pants for weeks now, and I've accepted it, but I tried to put on a button up shirt the other day and could literally NOT get it buttoned :(  It's the most depressing because I really have no visible bump yet, and my boobs have not even gotten bigger!  So it's really just because I'm FAT and not because I'm pregnant!  It's like, I don't necessarily need maternity clothes, I just need a bigger size clothes in general :(  And I'm only 3 months along, I am going to need an entire new wardrobe to get through this pregnancy and after :(

Looking forward to: I guess my next ultrasound for the gender on August 9th.  Wish we had more going on to make the time go faster right now.
  
Not loving: Being SOO BOOGERY!!  Haha, this is just ridiculous, I just cannot blow my nose enough!  I'm never like this!  And also not loving not having clothes that fit :(

2 comments:

  1. Buy a maternity coat and wedge a pillow under your back at night. I slept "on my back" but the pillow kept me from being perfectly flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashlee! I've been trying lots of pillow combinations, but wedging one under me has at least helped to keep one side somewhat upright.

    ReplyDelete