Friday, July 20, 2012

15 Weeks

So, per a request, I took a few pictures this week.  I usually try to suck it in when I take the pic, because I figure if I still CAN suck it in, then I'm not technically showing yet.  So I originally took 3 pics; the 2 you see here and one at the end of the day.  But the end of the day one was just TOO horrible, I could not bring myself to post it!  The first pic is in the morning after only a bowl of cereal and I am sucking in.  The second I'm not sucking in, just letting it hang out!  The third one was after eating all day and having a GIANT dinner and not sucking in.  I look HUGE, trust me!!!  But it's obviously all bloat and food.



How far along? 15 weeks

Maternity clothes? Same as always.  I know you were all waiting on the edge of your seats to find out if I bought that winter coat....I did!  haha!  And I like it, definitely room for belly in there, and cozy!  I think I need some more pants, and hopefully I can survive the rest of summer in dresses and my one pair of capris that somehow still fit.

Exercising: This week was not so pretty for that :(  we didn't even do that great on our walking.  Booo.  But yoga started up this week...however it did not go very well :(  I was so excited to get back to it, and I was doing fine, until we started doing some standing poses.  I kept getting really light headed, the back of my neck got hot, and I was seeing stars.  My teacher came over and said I was white as ghost.  It happened like 3 times, every time I tried to do our standing series of poses, I had to stop and drop to my knees or I was going to be on the floor passed out.  So I don't know what that was about, but I'm really hoping it was a one time thing because I really don't want to give up yoga :(

Stretch marks? Not yet, I finally remembered to ask my mother if she got any (that's supposed to be a good preview of if you will), and she couldn't really remember!  But then she thought she didn't, haha.  I also asked her if she had any epidurals with any of the 4 of us (did they even have them back then??) and she couldn't remember that either!!  I tell ya!  I said, "MOM!  Did they put a giant needle in your back that made you numb from about the waist down??!?"  Then she said "Oh, no!"  Haha.  She also breastfed all 4 of us with no problems whatsoever.  I'm hoping I can follow in her footsteps in all 3 of these things!

Sleep: All over the place.  Trying different combos of pillows, but I usually end up on my back and my right side (it's supposed to be your left, which I think is a little ridiculous, so whatever!).  It doesn't help that now Clyde has to sleep RIGHT next to me, it used to be at our feet, and now he literally has to "spoon" with me when I'm on my side.  And if I turn and face away from him, he gets up until I face him again, or he stands there for awhile and then leaves.  Crazy crazy kitten!

  Best   Worst moment this week: No best moment this week, but definitely a worst, and this questionnaire doesn't really have a "worst" question.  My dad's cousin, Mary, has been fighting leukemia since late last year.  She's been in and out of the hospital, had rounds of chemo, and just been really sick.  Well this week, she finally lost her battle.  "Dad's cousin" may seem like a somewhat obscure relative, but she was a very big part of our lives.  My dad doesn't have any brothers or sisters, so she and her mom, "Auntie" to us, were at all of our holidays and family functions from the time we were little.  It was always "Grandma and Grandpa, and Auntie and Mary".  Grandpa has been gone since I was about 16 and Auntie since I was about 21 or 22...and now Mary.  Mary was an older woman (she died one day before her 83rd birthday) but she was THE world's BIGGEST Packer fan!!!  And I'm not kidding!!  She has the Milwaukee season tickets to Packer games every year, which was about 4 games, and her and my dad always went.  Ol Mary could hold a conversation with ANY Packer fan, male or female, and be step for step with them.  I know the people that sit around her and my dad at games are going to miss her too :(  She also loved gardening and had a beautiful garden in her backyard.  It seems like just yesterday she was at our wedding (which I'm so thankful she could be at) and our gift opening sitting next to Dan's dad watching the Packers and looking perfectly healthy.  She will definitely be missed :(

Mary and I (and my blankie :) )

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Nothing new.

Movement: No, but really, it's gotta be soon...right?!

Food cravings:  Still sweets, but nothing in particular.
 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Same.

Have you started to show yet: Not particularly, just fat.  I had on a tighter shirt the other day and I asked Dan how my belly looked and he just said "preggo".  HA.

Gender prediction: I'm leaning more and more towards girl, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up because now, I will admit that, I REALLY want a girl!!!  Obviously I'll be happy with either, but I just REALLLLY want a girl :)  Boys somewhat run in both of our families...so the hope is not great for a girl.

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? In and it better stay that way!  I HATE belly buttons!!
 
Wedding rings on or off? On, but the heat lately has made them a struggle to get off sometimes and they leave big indents on my finger.  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but definitely had a few crabby days this week!

Looking forward to: Dano being into his weekends off again!!  YAY!  And State Fair, there are some ridiculous, yummy sounding foods there this year.  I always thought it would be amazing to go to State Fair preggo!  I'm sure all that fried goodness is GREAT for me and baby too, right?! ;)
  
Not loving: Constant headaches, nasal (and throat!) congestion, and not being able to BREATHE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment