Friday, December 28, 2012

38 Weeks

The puffiness and swelling are out of control :( This picture took A LOT of tries and still looks terrible.

How far along? 38 weeks on the dot!

Maternity clothes? Maternity clothes and Dano's t-shrits!  And, I'm not gonna lie, I wore yoga pants to work one day!  I'm SO uncomfortable!

Exercising: Yoga once a week, but not much else :(  I'm still doing tons around the house (washing diapers, cleaning, organizing, cooking, baking) so I feel like I'm still "active", but with it being so cold and snowy, it's too hard to actually walk.  And I'm in a lot of pain :(

Stretch marks? Not on my belly, but I think 2 tiny ones snuck up on my hips!  Super weird, it doesn't even seem like the skin is stretched where they are, whatev!

Sleep: Same as always...horrible.  Between the swelling and not sleeping, my face usually looks like I got hit by a train when I wake up.

Best moment this week: Dano had off on Christmas Eve AND Day!!!!  SO exciting!

And, also, deciding that I'm pretty damn proud of myself.  I got my Christmas shopping and wrapping done pretty early, made 13 freezer meals (with the help of a friend), washed TONS of baby clothes and billions of diapers billions of times, made countless projects for the nursery and organized it, organized all the baby clothes, made lots of hair bows, packed mine and baby's hospital bags, tried to maintain a clean house, still working full-time (I'm sure there's still more), all while 8 and 9 months pregnant!  I had such a big list of things I wanted done, and I finally feel like I'm to a point that anything left to do would just be "nice-to-do's" and there aren't even many of those!  I really thought I'd never get to that point and I'm so proud of all the stuff I've gotten done!  May not seem like much to some, but it feels good to me!

Miss Anything? Not being in PAIN!  I told Dan the other day, I fully expected the end to be uncomfortable, but I never knew it would be this PAINFUL!  Also really missing the feeling in my hands, they're either numb/tingly or hurt :( 

Movement: Yup, still squirmy and hiccup-y.  Some days it feels like she's pushing down so hard she's trying to escape! 

Food cravings: Still sweets.  Christmas is a good time for a pregnant lady craving sweets, they're everywhere!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, tuna, and cold cuts/subs.

Have you started to show yet: I'm ginormous!  So are my face, hands, and feet.

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nothing :(  I'm starting to worry about her and my body knowing what they're doing since I haven't felt ANYTHING.  And I found out my doc won't let me go longer than 41 weeks, and I do NOT want to be induced, so we've got 2 weeks to get this show rolling!

Belly Button in or out? Out :(  Yuck!  

Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I am so incredibly puffy.  I feel like I don't fit into my skin.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of the time, but the crying is out of control.  I'm pretty sure I cry at least once a day, if not more, and I have no control over it.

Looking forward to: Meeting our baby girl!!!

Not loving: Just about everything about this at this point!

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment