Wednesday, December 12, 2012

36+ Weeks

Ewww look at that belly button sticking out!!!

How far along? 36weeks 1day!  ONE WEEK until full term!!!!!

Maternity clothes? Yup, things are getting out of control with this belly!  Even some of my maternity shirts are starting to hang funny at the bottom because my belly is out SO far.  I was seriously trying on some of Dan's huge sweatshirts to wear on a Target run the other day!  BUT those just made me look like a house :(

Exercising: Back at yoga and it felt great!  I'm sure it would truly be comedy hour if anyone sat and watched me TRY to do yoga with this belly, but I do the best I can and can really still do most things.  It is hard, but I always feel good afterwards.  I'm also really counting on the hip opening and relaxation to help me in labor.  We'll see!

Stretch marks? Still nope, hang in there belly skin! 

Sleep: Sleep Is. Just. Painful. Period.  I think sleeping and having to get up to pee 5 times are some of the most painful times of this all!  My hips hurt, my sides hurt, my NECK hurts, my back hurts, when I get up to pee it feels like I might either pee my pants or the baby AND my uterus are going to just fall out!  Getting "comfortable" and rolling over should be an Olympic event.  "Sleep" is just not pleasant.

Best moment this week: Pretty standard week.  Dano and I went to see the movie Honor Flight with his family, and his grandpa wore his war uniform!  So that was fun.  Also I made lots more hair flowers for baby (see below). I purchased a pack of 12 headbands off Zulily, so now I'm just making lots of flowers to attach to them as needed!  The flowers are all on clips so can be taken on and off or just put on her head as a clip (I fully expect this baby to come out with a FULL head of hair!).  I made them all except the white feathery one.  Also had another friend's baby shower over the weekend, she got lots of cute stuff and there were LOTS of other preggos and babies there! (see below)

Pretty headbands for Baby P!
5 preggos at Barbara's baby shower!  In order of when we're due, starting with me - the largest.

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Not really...again just comfortableness in general.  I don't even remember what it's like to be able to bend over or roll over in bed without effort!

Movement: Yup, big, sometimes painful kicks and punches and LOTS of pressure waaaay down low.  The doctor did confirm that she has "dropped"/"lightened"/"engaged"...whatever.  So my uncomfortableness with walking and CONSTANT pressure on my bladder is justified.  In fact the doctor asked how I am even walking at all!  YEAH my thoughts exactly!

Food cravings: Sweets!  Loving Gatorade lately too.  I've been SOOO thirsty, so the sweetness and thirst quenching factor has me drinking it faster than we can keep it in the fridge.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, tuna, and cold cuts/subs.  Sorta, kinda feeling like I could eat a sub lately though...hmm I might have to test it out!

Have you started to show yet: As I mentioned above, this thing is out of control.  There is just NO WAY I can go another FOUR weeks or more!!  It is already bordering on torpedo-looking.  And the puffiness is crazy too.  I have the round face, puffy feet and cankels, AND puffy hands.  I definitely look and feel like a completely different person.  It's one of those times where you look back at pictures where you THOUGHT you were "fat" and realize you'd give anything to look "fat" like that again :(

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: NO! :(  I don't think I've even felt any Braxton Hicks...though I'm not positive, but I wish something would get started soon!!

Belly Button in or out? Out :(  Yuck!  

Wedding rings on or off? Off :( and not even wearing my replacement ring from Dan :(

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but easily irritated.

Looking forward to: Something happening!  I know it's still early, but of course now it's ALL I can think about.  I am going to go absolutely crazy over these next few weeks just WAITING.  I DON'T do well with waiting or patience, especially when there is no known end date.  But just trying to stay focused on work where of COURSE I'm crazy busy and work is the last thing I want to be thinking about.  And also focusing on getting Christmas shopping done, hopefully making freezer meals, finishing up the nursery and house...ok so there's a lot to do in the next few weeks!

Not loving: Not knowing when it's going to happen!!!!  Is she going to be here for Christmas?  Can I buy her a cute Christmas outfit?  Will she be here before the new year for our big "tax deduction" everyone has been talking about?  Will I be at work?  Will I be asleep?  Will Dano be working and able to get off quickly?  What's going to happen first?  AHHHH!!  So excited and SOO scared and nervous and anxious!

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment