Saturday, December 8, 2012

35+ Weeks


How far along? 35weeks 2days.

Maternity clothes? Yup yup, they are a must for this belly!

Exercising: Did ok with a little bit of walking...and...yoga is back!!  The studio I go to shut down for about a month to move and renovate a new space.  I am SUPER excited to get back for the next couple weeks!

Stretch marks? Still nope, hang in there belly skin! 

Sleep: Ugh, that's all I have to say.  Hip pain is horrible.  And for some reason, my stupid NECK has been hurting!  I don't think it's pregnancy related, more like bad-pillow-related, but like I don't have enough pains, now my neck hurts too!

Best moment this week: Finding a super fun and easy way to make hair flowers for baby!  I ordered a bunch of plain headbands for super cheap off Zulily, so now I'm making lots of flowers to clip onto them!

Also, Dano and I got MOST of our registry completion shopping done!  Just a quick trip to Buy Buy Baby still and we should be done. 

Worst moment of the week?  My nesting urge has somewhat diminished, along with just being really busy lately, and the house is an absolute disaster!!  Sooo not something a 35 week pregnant lady should ever be saying!  There's baby stuff EVERYWHERE that we can't put away because Dan (yes Dan) is currently sewing curtains in the baby's room...DON'T ask!  I'm hoping to tackle most of it this weekend because if I happened to have her in the next few weeks and had to bring her home to our house in it's current state...YIKES.

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? One night this week I was REALLY missing comfy cozy belly sleeping!  I LOVE sleeping on my belly and can't wait for that again.  And my back too...really anything BUT my sides.

Movement: Yup, hiccups, more rib kicks and I'm not positive but I think she has officially "dropped".  Unfortunately meaning MORE uncomfortableness :(  I feel like I have a bowling ball on my bladder and like it's going to fall out of me at any second.  It definitely makes me have a bit of a waddle, especially when I first stand up.

Food cravings: Sweets!  Especially waffles and cereal.  Dan can't believe how fast I'm going through boxes of waffles!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffeetuna, and cold cuts/subs. I think it's really just subs at this point.  I haven't had Subway, Cousin's, or Jimmy John's since probably May!

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah, I STILL can't believe it's going to get BIGGER!!  Getting lots more comments on it too, such as "that thing's ready to go!"

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Possibly the dropping, but I wouldn't even count that because apparently first time moms can drop a month or more before they give birth.

Belly Button in or out? Out :(  Yuck!  And maybe even getting MORE out if that's possible...

Wedding rings on or off? Off :( and starting to get nervous about even wearing my replacement ring from Dano due to lots of swelling :(

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but easily irritated.

Looking forward to: Getting this party started!!!!  I've been telling myself all along that I'm probably going to go late, but now that I'm almost to 37 weeks (full-term) I am getting SOO anxious!  Just the knowing that it COULD happen at any time...though it more than likely won't for a few more weeks.

Also looking forward to weekly doc appointments and checking for dilation!  Many moms nowadays are against cervical checks for various reasons.  One of them being that it really DOESN'T tell you ANYTHING about when labor might start (no matter what the doctor says, she has NO idea either).  And I don't think that her telling me that I'm dilated at all will give me false hope about labor coming soon, but the way I see it, I just want to know that SOMETHING is happening.  I want to know that when I go into labor at 42 weeks (please God no!), that I have a couple centimeters already knocked out.  Does that make sense?  I want to know that when I do go into labor and get to the hospital, there's no chance they're going to tell me I'm only 1cm because I would already know I have at least 2 down from previous cervical checks - as an example.  I am a countdown person, and I need end dates and times, so it's already killing me that I can't have one for when baby is going to come.  So I at least need to know progress is happening and know that I will only have to make it through 7-8cm once I'm in active labor (HOPEFULLY!).  That being said, it's going to be hard not to get discouraged if progress is not happening at upcoming appointments, even though the progress, or lack there of, doesn't REALLY mean anything...which is one of the other reasons moms choose to decline checks...This is all just my crazy thought process and opinion!! :)  So feel free to ignore it ;)

Not loving: Things aren't too terrible at this point...I mean they're the same as always, but I'm just dealing with it, knowing the end is in sight and that no matter how uncomfy I am, I will still miss this giant beach ball when it's gone!

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment