Wednesday, December 19, 2012

37+ Weeks! Full-term!


How far along? 37weeks 1day OFFICIALLY FULL-TERM!!!!

Maternity clothes? Oh yeah.  We are down to a limited number of shirts that will fully cover the belly and not hang funny.

Exercising: Yoga!  Walking - for Christmas shopping and in Madison for my brother's college graduation...hey both count!  I was exhausted, swollen and sore after both!

Stretch marks? Still nope, hang in there belly skin! 

Sleep: "Sleep" hurts.  Haven't been getting much of it.  And if I do, I wake up in a world of pain;  hips, back, neck, acid reflux, and of COURSE having to pee.

Best moment this week: Finally wrapping up our baby purchases and having a VERY productive weekend!  Got lots of diapers washed, the rest of the baby clothes washed, got her room more organized, and finished my Christmas shopping AND wrapping!!

Miss Anything? My body, feeling normal, not being puffy, not feeling exhausted, not having my back hurt just from doing the dishes, not having acid reflux...I could go on....ready to be done for sure.

Movement: Yup, I can tell she doesn't have much room left in there now though.  It's more just big pushes or moving over to just one side.

Food cravings: Still sweets and it seems my appetite is up even MORE if that's possible.  Of course then I eat too much and my poor stomach has no room to expand and then I just want to die of uncomfortableness.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, tuna, and cold cuts/subs.

Have you started to show yet: Oh yes, both in my belly AND my face and rest of my body.  The swelling/puffiness seems to have gotten worse.  I don't even recognize my face anymore, my hand seriously hurt from being so swollen.  And I have huge shoe and sock dents in my feet and cankles anytime at the end of the day.

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nothing :(  I thought I could be above cervical checks and not let the number affect me (because I KNOW it really means NOTHING) but it turns out I can't.  My doc told me NOTHING is happening at my appointment this week :(  I KNOW it's early, and I KNOW I'm a first time mom, and I KNOW I could be zero and still go into labor the same day....but it's still hard not to get discouraged.  I just want there to be some progress!  Other than the dropping, I am feeling NOTHING!

Belly Button in or out? Out :(  Yuck!  

Wedding rings on or off? Off :( I am so incredibly puffy.  I feel like I don't fit into my skin.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Emotions are definitely running high.  Being doing a lot of crying...I think Dan and I are both at our wits end with that.

Looking forward to: Getting everything "DONE".  I know I will never feel like we are completely ready and done with everything I want done, but I need to get to a point of feeling like "ok if she came today, I'd be ok with that".  I started thinking the other day that if she comes TODAY, I would freak out because of all the things I'd still like to have in order.  Hopefully we'll get the nursery done before she gets here so I can share some pictures!  It's Dan's curtain project that is holding us up!  Ugh!

Not loving: Puffiness/swelling, heartburn, and numb hands.  All of these things have kicked into high gear the last couple weeks.  My feet barely fit into my shoes anymore, my hands HURT from being SO swollen, and my face, oh my gosh, my face..... :(  The heartburn (or I guess acid reflux) is the worst at night, even after taking a Pecid AND Tums before bed.  It seriously radiates into my eyeballs and makes me feel like I might throw up.  And the numb, tingly hands thing is really just driving me CRAZY!  I can't do ANYTHING without it starting up!  Then of course there's the constant pelvic pain/pressure and pressure on my bladder; that poor thing can't take much more.

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Dear, it SOON will be over and your precious baby girl will make her debut!




    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the numbness in my hands too. It's carpal tunnel but goes away after delivery apparently. Dr said a wrist splint should help.

    ReplyDelete