Friday, November 23, 2012

33+ Weeks & Maternity Pics


Ok TRY not to look directly at my face, I was feeling INCREDIBLY sick and nauseous this day and it was on Sunday so it was all I could do to FORCE myself to take a shower and at least put on a little bit of makeup for this pic.  Ugh, I was miserable.

How far along? 33weeks 4days -- OMG! only 4-6ish weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maternity clothes? Yup, and by the way, LOVING my maternity coat that I bought on sale back in July!  I was debating about getting one, but I'm SOO glad I did (as my other coats don't fit and NOT just in the belly area) and that I got it early and at a good price!  So take note, future preggos, of the season you'll be biggest in and think about the necessary attire.

Exercising: Once again, what's exercise??  :(  Though I did go bowling for a company bowling outing at work!  May not count as exercise to others, but man I was BEAT after that!  I also spent all day Saturday going through baby shower gifts (finally) and doing TONS of laundry, which meant A LOT of bending over and up and down stairs with laundry baskets, and my back was paying for that later and the next day!  YIKES!

Stretch marks? Still nope, hang in there belly skin!

Sleep: Never have I had to work SO hard at sleep in my life!  I used to be a pretty heavy sleeper, could sleep just about anywhere and, given the chance, could sleep in like no other!  Now it's humidifiers, pillows between my knees, breathing strips on my nose, extra strength Vaseline chapstick, nasal spray, Pepcid before bed, Tums and water next to the bed, and billions of pee trips!

Best moment this week: Going through and somewhat organizing the shower gifts AND Dan "re-building" my closet!  We didn't do all that much or get any fancy organizing system or anything, but it's a big improvement and gives me a lot more room, with 4 bars instead of only ONE!  So the baby's closet is almost officially empty of my clothes and junk!

Also, Baby P officially has a name!!  Dan had been telling me he would make his final decision about the name we'd been kicking around when he went hunting and "had some time to think".  Well he actually took his book of 60,000 names with him and really did think about it!  So when he came home and I asked to hear his "list" that he supposedly came up with he says "What about Carly?"  (which is out of the clear blue!)  So I said "Umm sure, I guess that could be on the list of contenders..."  So I ask for more and he says "Just kidding, we'll go with the one we picked!"  That little stinker!  He never even made a list, AND made up Carly in the moment!  He thinks he's soooo funny and slick, but I knew all along he'd end up liking and going with the name we'd been discussing.

Alllssooo...we got our maternity pictures back and they turned out awesome!  Once again done by Molly of Molly Johnson Photography!  The same one who did our gender reveal photos here.  (see a few of the pics below)

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Nothing in particular besides general comfortableness!  And getting a good night's sleep...but I realize I will probably be missing that for the rest of my life now.  I am starting to think about how much I'm going to miss my belly!  As much as it's in the way and does make me pretty uncomfortable some days, I'm for sure going to miss it!  I don't even want to think about getting back into non-maternity pants and having to suck my (probably bigger) gut in :(  And I will definitely miss her movements, though seeing her move in real life will probably make up for that :)

Movement: Yeap, but I think she's starting to slow down a bit for lack of room.  There's still plenty of movements, but they are bigger, slower ROLLS, as opposed to quick punches and kicks from a few weeks ago.  Still lots of hiccups though, multiple times a day!

Food cravings: Sweets!  Most nights, I choke down just a little bit of dinner just so I can have dessert!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffeetuna, and cold cuts/subs. I think it's really just subs at this point.

Have you started to show yet: Yeap, AND had my first belly feel from a stranger!!!  Dan and I took a friend out to dinner for his birthday and he wanted to go to the restaurant he works at.  So of course everyone knew him.  One of the waitresses saw me, made some joke to him about my belly, and gave it a nice big feel.  So she did know him, but was still a complete stranger to me!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope.  I know I still have some weeks, but I'm ready to get this party started!!

Belly Button in or out? It's pretty much out :( and really sensitive.  I keep bumping it on things because it's sticking out more, and it's really uncomfortable when I do.  I really did put a Band-Aid over it one day, because even rubbing against my shirt is somewhat uncomfortable.

Wedding rings on or off? Off, but now sporting my garnet ring Dano got me, wondering if my wedding rings will ever fit again :(

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!

Looking forward to: Getting more organized!  Now that my closet is re-built, the baby's closet is just about empty.  But between Dan building ALL day and me feeling like absolute POOP on Sunday, the rest of the house is a MESS!  I did go through all the gifts, but they are still kind of strewn about the house with no real home yet.  The baby clothes, blankets, and diapers are all in baskets until I get around to washing them.  I'm starting to get anxious and want everything DONE!  I know I still have some time, but I'd rather have it done sooner than later and just be able to wait comfortably for baby girl's arrival.  Plus there will be lots of holiday stuff to tend to coming up!

Speaking of holiday stuff, I'm super excited for Thanksgiving this week!!  YAY!  Dano and I have the privilege of eating TWO dinners!  And he's off that night, which is pretty amazing.  We are also thinking about braving some Black Friday shopping for a few things, but we'll see.

Not loving: Some days (or maybe just some hours of some days) I'm completely fine and think I could do this forever. Then other days I just cannot WAIT to be done.  I mean the uncomfortableness, numb hands, horrid acid reflux, aches and pains, and constant peeing is just too much to handle some days.  Sometimes I just literally break down crying because I'm honestly just so ANNOYED with all the symptoms!  Like enough is enough!  Also being so incredibly tired no matter WHAT and now with occasional nausea..ugh I just can't wait to feel NORMAL again.  Well as normal as one can feel with zero sleep and a newborn baby!

Enjoy the pics!  Sorry for just dumping them, I didn't have the time or the patience to make some fun collage.
Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

















No comments:

Post a Comment