Monday, August 13, 2012

19 Weeks - The Big One!


How far along? 19 Weeks!

Maternity clothes? Same, but got a few cute shirts from Target, including the one in our gender reveal photos; I love it! 

Exercising: Trying for walks and yoga; although I missed it this week to go visit my friend Dana who had her baby that day!!  SO cute!

Stretch marks? I guess I do have a few on my hips, but I think they've always been there, from weight losses and gains over the years.

Sleep: About the same, I've been noticing my hips hurting more at night.  Don't know if it's cuz they are moving and stretching or because I'm always on one of my sides.

Best moment this week: Gender/anatomy ultrasound of COURSE!!!!  Well actually the scan went very well, baby is totally healthy and the tech did not spill the beans of the sex.  BUT the tech was kind of a snot and that somewhat made for a bad experience!  I won't get into it, but lets just say, I kind of yelled at her after she spoke to me very rudely!  I understand I'm hormonal, but I did not feel that I overreacted and deserved her attitude!  AND if she can't deal with hormonal, worrisome mothers, maybe she should find another occupation!!!!  THAT'S all I'll say about THAT!

Anywho, all went as planned for our photoshoot, we had one of the nurses call Molly (the photographer) ahead of time to tell her the sex so she could get the box and balloons ready.  I was SOO nervous all day Friday, I was at my parent's house beforehand and was driving my mom crazy!  Both her and I were convinced it was a boy...or at least trying to prepare ourselves since we thought it would be.  My parents decided to come along to the box opening and it was very exciting!  It went absolutely perfect and we could not be happier!!  Molly from Molly Johnson Photography did an AMAZING job!!!  (See a few of the pics below)

I still cannot believe we got our girl!  Every time I think about it, I just get so happy!  I keep realizing all the things I kept hoping I could do, I actually can!!  Like put GIANT flowers on her tiny head, and dress her in cute clothes and shoes, and do her hair!!  AHHH!  And of course try my best to teach her all of life's lessons ;)  Do you know when you're a little kid (or even an adult) and you wake up after Christmas is over and remember all the fun new toys, clothes, gadgets etc, you have to play with??  That's how I feel every time I remember we are having a GIRL!!!!!  Now if we can EVER agree on a name!!  Which by the way, we will probably be keeping a secret til birth!  Sorry!  :)

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Nothing new.

Movement: Definitely YES!  Still not ALL the time, but getting more and more often.  The other night  Dano and I were laying in bed (well he was taking his nap, it was about 8pm) and I felt some little movements, then I put my hand on my belly where I felt them and I got a HUGE kick!  I seriously gasped!  Then she (SHE!!!) did it again!!!  I wanted to wake Dan up SOO bad because he still hasn't felt it, but I didn't know if I should, and I knew as soon as I did, she would stop.  She did it 3 or 4 times and I gasped everytime because I could not believe it!

Food cravings: For sure ice cream!!  Dano and I are keeping this little ice cream shop on the corner in business!  I had thought we still had some ice cream bars in the freezer one night, and I was sooo looking forward to one.  Well it turns out Dan had eaten the last one!!  Who does that to a pregnant lady!  So I told him we were going out for ice cream!  He complained for about 5 minutes but then said yes, and I knew he really wanted some too!  I told him he should be happy it's not 3am and I'm sending him out for pickles!  He told me that was all a "scam"!  Hahaha.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same as always.  I did however consume a "sub" this weekend!!  We had lunch at Dan's sister's house in Sturgeon Bay after her teaching installation at her church.  And subs were on the menu!  Dan was pretty worried what I was gonna do, but I told him I'd live and not to make a thing out of it.  I picked a tiny bun and put lots of veggies and one piece of ham.  It really wasn't that bad.  It didn't make me want to puke or anything, but I still don't think I'll be doing it again anytime soon.

Have you started to show yet: Yep.  Sometimes it looks ginormous and other times it still could look like I had a few too many beers, but it's for sure out!

Gender prediction: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? In and it better stay that way!  I HATE belly buttons!!  It is however getting much shallower!  It used to be a lot deeper and that kinda freaks me out.  But I guess the fact that it's not as deep makes it seem less gross somehow.  The ultrasound tech was getting her wand pretty darn close to it during the scan (because the uterus is almost to the height of the belly button at this point) and I really thought I was going to lose it! 

Wedding rings on or off? On, but definitely getting tighter and tighter, I need to run my finger under cold water to get them off AND on everyday  :(  I really didn't think I was going to be losing them quite this soon.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy with occasional crying spells, Dano thinks I'm crazy. 

Looking forward to: Going to the Packer game AND a Brewer game this week!  Also starting to think about decorating the nursery and registering and buying PINK things!!!
  
Not loving: The bloating seems to be back with a vengeance!  It is so painful and uncomfortable!  And the hunger has definitely gotten worse!  I just feel hungry all the time!  You know when your tummy just FEELS empty, not like growling, but you can just tell it's empty and hungry??  I feel like that most of the time.  But then all of a sudden I'll eat one bite too much and just want to DIE from how FULL I feel, yuck!

Thanks for reading!  Enjoy the pictures!!
~Michelle











1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out so great! Molly did an awesome job! Congrats on the little lady!

    ReplyDelete