Monday, October 29, 2012

30+ Weeks (New Questions!)

Wow, I look like I haven't slept in weeks.  Which, if you combine all the time I've spent NOT SLEEPING at night lately, it probably would add up to weeks.  I feel like I don't even recognize my face anymore :(  it's so fat and puffy all the time, will it ever be the same again??  This was also the latest we've taken the picture at 30weeks 4days!  This week definitely escaped us.

Oh Em Geee!  30 weeks!  I just don't know how this happened!  In some ways it feels like I've been pregnant forever, in other ways, I cannot believe how fast it's gone!  We are three quarters of the way done!  I could TECHNICALLY have her starting in 7 weeks!!  That is just so crazy to think about!  Though I know most first timers go late, and I have a feeling I probably will, and I definitely want her fully baked.  I say this now (when I'm not quite the size of a house yet), but I'd rather go a little late so she's not so close to Christmas, New Years, and Dano's birthday (December 30th).  But we'll see if I change my mind about that in December.  There's another pregnancy lesson for you, I always said I'd NEVER want to have a Christmas baby, cuz they will always get jipped on presents and missing out on celebrating their birthday.  BUT anything can happen!  Including getting pregnant on basically your first "try".  We might do something like celebrate half birthdays for her in summer.

The nursery is coming along AWESOME!  Carpet is in and we both love it, actually all 3 of us do...after some hesitation (documented on video) Clyde LOVES the carpet.  It's the ONLY carpet in our house, so it's kind of a big deal.  The dresser is also put together, only took us THREE hours!  And we were busting our butts and I'd work ahead while Dan would be screwing, it just took THAT long.  (check out the pic of the bag of hardware, which really doesn't even do it justice) I think the nursery is easily going to be my favorite room of the house.  Pretty soon all we're going to need in there is a baby!
      Giant bag of hardware.                        Cly enjoying the new carpet.


And because you can never have enough kitten pictures; Cly in his pumpkin shirt, very angry that I put it on him and trying (unsuccessfully) to escape it.

And finally, mixin it up this week with some different questions I found!

Age when you found out you were pregnant: 28

Did you experience any pregnancy symptoms?: Bloating was first, followed by "morning" sickness (without actual puking), tiredness, headaches...

 How far along were you when you found out?: 4-5 weeks

Was your little one planned or a surprise?: 50/50.  Weren't "trying", but weren't "trying not to".  LOL.  Never thought it'd happen that fast!

When is your EDD?: 1/2/13

How many weeks are you currently?: 30.5

Is this your first child?  If not, how many do you have?: First!  And BOTH grandmas' and grandpas' first!

What was your first reaction when you found out you were pregnant?: Could not believe it.  Took one test on 4/20, it was negative.  Then proceeded to go to a Brewers game, drink beer, go SKYDIVING, drink a little more beer, and go on a work trip.  When I got back, Dan asked if I was gonna take another test.  I was planning to wait until morning, but he told me to just do it now.  So on 4/24/12, our 7 month wedding anniversary, is when we found out!  Dan was just waking up from his nap and I yelled from the bathroom "Ummm, Big P, you better come here..."  I had been feeling extremely sick most of the weekend, but was in denial that it was really from being preggo.

Who was the first person you told that you were pregnant?: Other than Dano...a bartender at a friend's wedding....hahaha.  Then his parents, then mine.

How far along were you when you felt baby kick for the first time?: 18ish weeks.

What month did you find out the sex of your baby?: August

Are you having a boy or girl?: GIRL!!

What cravings have you had?: Sweets, sweets, sweets, apples, pineapples, cereal, waffles, ice cream, cupcakes.

Have you/are you planning on attending any Lamaze classes?: No, but reading and studying the Bradley Method.

Do you have a name picked out?: Sort of.  We have one we both like, but Dano just won't break down and say "yes this is it!"  I think he just likes keeping me in suspense and is eventually going to say yes to it.  Meanwhile he is still reading his "Book of 60,000 Names" and thinking he's going to find one.  Even though he's on "L" and hasn't written down ONE option!  BUT we are keeping the name a secret til birth, so you'll just have to wait!

When did you decide on a name?  Who picked it?: Still in the process of that, but I'd like to say we arrived at it together (if in fact we use the one we picked so far).  Once we have her and tell the name, I'll explain more ;)

What kind of birth plan are you considering?: Planning and hoping to go as natural as possible.  Realizing it's going to probably be a challenge in a hospital setting with an OB.  But I'm reading up on the Bradley Method and plan to have a detailed birth plan to avoid as many interventions as possible. 

What pregnancy discomforts have you experienced?: Oh my gosh: "morning" sickness, bloating, peeing a lot, hips hurting, headaches, pregnancy carpal tunnel syndrome, exhaustion, heartburn/acid reflux, shortness of breath...I'm sure there's more.

What pregnancy related books have you read/are you currently reading?:Oh boy...Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth; What to Expect When You're Expecting; Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way; Belly Laughs, The Naked Truth About Pregnancy and Childbirth...Still planning to read...Breastfeeding Made Simple; Changing Diapers; The Happiest Baby on the Block; What to Expect the First Years...hmmmm I'm sure there's more, or will be :)

Any weird pregnancy dreams?: Oh yes, but can't really describe any.  My sleep is so light that I'm not sure what's dreams and what's reality sometimes.

Who do you want in the delivery room with you?: Probably just Dano...but not completely decided yet.

Are you planning on breast feeding?: Yes, exclusively for as long as possible.  HOPEFULLY a year.

Do you plan on having any more little ones?: Oh yes :)  I used to want 4, Dano says no.  I'll settle for 3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment