Tuesday, October 16, 2012

28+ Weeks - Third Trimester!

 How many chins and necks do I have in this picture?!  Geeze!

 How far along? 28weeks 2 days  THIRD TRIMESTER!!  Cannot believe we are here already!  It's getting more and more real that I'm going to be a MOMMY!!!  There is actually a tiny little lady inside me, soo incredibly crazy.  I'm still not sure I totally grasp all of this!

Maternity clothes? Yup, pants all the time, shirts as much as I can.  Got a few more cheap shirts from Old Navy.  I just love trying on a good preggo shirt over my belly :)

Exercising: We went to the actual GYM one day!!  Woo-hoo!  It felt...weird...I did the eliptical, verrry slowly.  And lifted some weights.  Both of which were quite a task.  But I hope to go back some more before I get too tired and giant.

Stretch marks? Still nope, but I won't be counting my chickens on that one until a few weeks after I've had baby girl!

Sleep: Same as always; up a lot from hips hurting, peeing, acid reflux, Clyde, hurting thumbs, sleeping hands (which the doctor has told me is in fact pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome, yay).  As much as I really am enjoying being pregnant, I have found myself recently thinking "MAN I can't wait til this is over and I can sleep comfortably and on my TUMMY!"

Best moment this week: Pinterest night!  Had the girls over for a night of eating and crafting (and wine drinking for some of us)!  I made 3 recipes I found on Pinterest and everyone picked a project they were going to make and we actually all completed (or mostly completed) them!  It was a fun little gathering and we plan to have many more!

Here's my craft from the night :)

We also got pumpkins for daddy, mommy, and Baby P :)

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Nope, it honestly really didn't even phase me when some of the girls were drinking wine during Pinterest night!

Movement: Oh yeah.  She's still performing acrobatics on my cervix once in awhile, which is never fun.  But the rest of the kicks and movements are!  Most of the movement I feel is on my lower right side.  From where the doc found the heartbeat this week, she guesses that she IS head down, but that doesn't make sense to me since where the doc thinks her feet are, I don't think I've felt ONE movement there.  But, it's still early and she's got room to flip and roll, so we'll worry about her position later.

Food cravings: Sweets and apples!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, tuna, and cold cuts/subs.  Coffee is off the list!  Yay!  And, wow, did I miss it!  I finally busted out my coffee maker (after putting it away months ago, cuz even looking at it made me ill) and I am LOVING my morning coffee again!!  AND I had a tuna sandwich this week!!!  It was from Culvers, and I think those taste better than ones made at home, so I'm not convinced it's completely off the list, but it was delicious!  Still can't think about subs though.  Dan asked the other night if I thought I could do Cousin's, and I definitely could not!  Ick!

Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah, no denying it now!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? Sometimes it looks like it's still in and sometimes it's completely flat.  All of a sudden one night I looked at it and it was FLAT and weird things were happening!  I'm getting worried the pop IS going to happen!

Wedding rings on or off? Off, but now sporting my garnet ring Dano got me :)

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but been a little moody with Dano occasionally ;)  And it doesn't take much to get me irritable.

Looking forward to: Carpet going in the baby's room next week.  And a WONDERFUL friend of ours was able to pick up our dresser for us from Ikea!!!  Saving Dano and I an extra trip and headaches if they were sold out again!  It definitely feels good to have that crossed off the list!  As soon as the carpet goes in, we'll be getting it put together.

Here's a little sneak peak of the nursery!  Excuse the Clyde protection on top of the crib, we do NOT want him thinking he's gonna be sleepin' in there with his sister! :)

Also looking forward to my shower!  It's already a little less than a month away and invitations went out last week!  I'm so excited to get together with family and friends and...who are we kidding...get lots of cute {pink} baby stuff!!! :)

Not loving: ACID REFLUX!  Ahh!  I have had some bad days of this recently!  The most frustrating part is that all these symptoms just come and go as they please; Saturday, I thought I was literally going to die or my entire neck was going to start on fire from acid reflux.  Then Sunday, NOTHING.  Not that I'm complaining, but it's just so crazy how things are so different from day to day.  And what's funny is I actually ate a lot of the same things these 2 days because I had a lot of leftovers from Pinterest night!  So sometimes there just is no culprit other than straight up pregnancy!  

Then there's my officially diagnosed pregnancy induced carpal tunnel syndrome.  Luckily, so far it isn't actually PAINFUL (besides when my thumbs seem to dislocate in my sleep every night), but it is fairly annoying that my right hand is asleep/tingly/numb almost all day.  All the cleaning, baking, and chopping for Saturday (PLUS my craft) made for an extremely numb hand all day long.  I pretty much can't do anything without making my right hand numb, which is hard since I'm right handed!  I'm constantly trying to shake out my hand to wake it up.  BUT, I'll take it as long as it doesn't get painful.

And of course the coughing, I won't even get into it.  Yes, I still have it, it's marginally better, but still there.

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching trimester 3!! :) I'm still a week and a half away. I adore that heart board - I'm going to have to make one too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Congrats to you too! It's getting so close! The board was actually a lot easier to do that I originally thought! Good luck!

      Delete