Tuesday, September 25, 2012

25 Weeks - Vacation Pics!

   I was sooo over my fake smile this week, so this is what you get!

September 24th was our 1 year wedding anniversary already!  Can't believe how fast it went!  We were able to get away for a few days to Door County and it was great!!  It was really nice to get away after a not-so-great week last week.  It was really slow paced and relaxing which is what we both needed.  Lots of walking around, checking out shops, doing touristy things, eating and RELAXING.  It was also our Babymoon!  Probably our last trip, baby-free!  Here's most of the pics we took;


First night - Fish Boil at the White Gull Inn.  They put on quite a show boiling the fish, so that was cool to watch.  Dan only sort of enjoyed the actual eating of the fish, but it was still a good time, and included Door County cherry pie and ice cream for dessert!  YUM!


Second day, from left - accidental pic of the ground, but also Cave Point, Dano and I at Cave Point, Dano and I down by the water at Cave Point, being a stalker of TWO weddings that were happing there!
There was a fall harvest festival going on at one of the orchards there, so we checked that out.  Dano sampled some free beer and wine, we picked our own apples, and got some yummy treats from the store.  Notice the middle pic how happy Dan is that I was photographing him picking apples :)


Anniversary before dinner pic; not sure what's with Dan's face...this was the night I had my long awaited glass of red wine!!  It was DE-LICOUS!  The whole time we were there, I felt like I had to hide my belly so people didn't think I was a hussy, lol.  THEN, our food ended up taking forever to come out, so the waitress brought us each another glass of wine!!  Dan and I just looked at each other and laughed, I took a few sips and passed it over to him.  We also went to a tavern on Monday night for the Packer game (which we won't talk about!!) and at first I was drinking water, then I thought I'd be fun and get a sprite mixed with cranberry.  So I asked Dan to order me one while I ran to the bathroom.  When I got back, it was sitting there and I took a HUGE sip...it was actually a VODKA cranberry!!  Soo unfortunately, baby had quite the weekend :/  Obviously I passed it over to Dan after that, but yikes!  Dan even said when he ordered it he said "special request for the pregnant lady" to the bartender, but he was kind of an idiot and was doing shots all night with the customers, soo maybe that was the problem.
Biking day, from top left, then bottom left; 1st stop at a lookout point, lighthouse stop, Eagle Bluff lookout, seriously worst picture of a person ever, our seagull friend while we ate lunch, another lookout, view from the top of Eagle Tower (12 flights of stairs in the middle of our ride!), Eagle Tower sign, Dan's awesome helmet hair at the end.  

We rented a tandem bike (yes the double bike you are thinking of!).  It was pretty hilarious and fun.  Unfortunately by the time we got back from our over 10 mile ride through Peninsula State Park, I was so beat I forgot to ask to have our picture taken on it :(  I'm so bummed!  I told Dan we looked like a circus, between the bike, our helmets and my giant belly; we were certainly a sight!  Everyone kept asking us how riding that thing was, and honestly it wasn't bad, the stronger person rides in front, so that meant I was stuck in the back, which was a little scary at times.  I couldn't really see much in front of us, so I had to rely on Dan to let me know what was coming up...and to do the braking, steering, and gear shifting, which he does NOT know how to do!  There were times we were going down hills that I was so scared it was making me sick!  We were surrounded by trees and I had no idea how long or steep the hill was! Also, going up any sort of hill is almost impossible, we had to get off and walk up a few.  The ride did not help my already horrendous cough and I think is part of why I am having some major pain in my left ribs!  I think I seriously pulled a muscle from coughing so hard, and bumping and breathing hard on the bike just aggrevated it, I have been in a LOT of pain ever since :(


Sunset from Sunset Beach in Fish Creek - so pretty!


School House Beach on Washington Island - we took a ferry over to Washington Island and took a "train" (an open air tram pulled by a pickup truck, haha!) tour of the Island.  It was SO. WINDY. that day!!!!!!


Our traditional last day of vacation sad face, waiting for the the famous stuffed french toast at White Gull Inn for breakfast.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!  Not really much pregnancy news other than my cough which has taken on new levels of horrible.  And the new pain in my upper left side, presumably from coughing so hard.  The belly is definitely starting to make life more difficult; bending over is a task and literally rolling out of bed to get up.  AND, coffee is officially back on the menu!  All of sudden one morning in Door County, I woke up and wanted coffee!  It was delicious and didn't make me nauseous at all, yay!

Also, as my anniversary present, Dano got me a new ring for my wedding finger!!!!  It's soo pretty, and the stone in it is a garnet; the birth stone for January when the baby is due!  How stinkin' cute is he!?!  So I'm no longer an un-wed preggo lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment