Tuesday, September 18, 2012

24+ Weeks


How far along? 24weeks 1day.  Had to put something about the Pack on the board since they were playing the day I took the pic.  And...it worked!  They won that night!!  :)

Maternity clothes? Ugh, I'm over this question, YES I bought more ok!  It's really hard to make shirts appropriate over this belly, and if they aren't now, they're going to be even worse later!  So I got a few more shirts, and a dress.  And I got some AWESOME boots that I have been looking for, for at least 2 years since I was at a Little Big Town concert and one of the singers was wearing them!  YES!  They are amazing and will be worn TONS with leggings soon!!

Exercising: Eh, walked, but not as much.

Stretch marks? Still nope.

Sleep: Really feeling exhausted lately.  I have had a cold and especially a huge cough for weeks now, so by the end of the day I am completely wiped out.  But then I go to bed and am up a million times peeing, not being able to fall back asleep, waking up because of painful thumbs or sleeping hands, and then there's Clyde...

Best WORST moment this week: Again with the worst :(  Almost 2 months to the day since we lost our cousin Mary, grandma passed away :(  She had a stroke awhile ago and has pretty much been going down hill since.  They think she had more strokes over the last few weeks and barely knew who we were anymore and was just extremely uncomfortable.  Cliche as it is, she's in a better place and is with grandpa.  I was really hoping she'd stick around to be a great-grandmother, but that didn't happen. She did know I was pregnant and understood when she was still somewhat ok, so it's really unfortunate she couldn't make it to meet this little one.  She was a wonderful lady and I have been told so by everyone who knew her giving me their condolences.  She will surely be missed :(

Grandma, grandpa, and me.

Grandma, grandpa, and my dad!

As far as a best moment, Dan and I are still going to make it to Door County to celebrate our anniversary.  We pushed the days back a little and did a lot of rearranging, but it's going to work out.  It will definitely feel good to get away after all this :(  And Dano is on vacation til October 3rd!!!  So I have plenty of projects lined up for him :)

Also the glider and ottoman came and they are SO cute and comfy.  Of course the boo-boo had to test it out and he definitely approved.  He's been living in the chair!


Aaaaand....our first cloth diaper arrived!!!  And it is just the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!  It's a pocket diaper, which I don't actually plan on using a lot of, but the pattern was just too cute!!  (and that right there is why cloth diapers can be dangerous :) )  BUT I know I will still use it, and it can be stuffed with extra inserts or prefolds when baby sleeps longer at night.  Plus it's "one size", meaning it should fit her from birth til potty training...we'll see bout that.


Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? I don't think anything this week.

Movement: Yup, tons!  One night Dan and I were sitting on the couch both looking at the laptop, and my belly started fluttering!  It was crazy!  He saw it too.  I dunno what she was doin in there!!  And the day my grandma died, she was having a party in there...maybe from my stress and being upset, or maybe she was trying to cheer me up :/

Food cravings: Sweets, fruit, and cereal!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Coffee, tuna, and cold cuts/subs :(  booo!  But I have been drinking Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes with no issues, yay!  

Have you started to show yet: Yup, and still lovin' it!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? In and yucky.  I don't like how it looks.  I never wanted it to pop (and still don't) but somehow it being in and my belly being large, make it look weird and give my belly a funny shape sometimes.  And it's now really really red.

Wedding rings on or off? Off :(  

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but sad this week and a lot of random crying spells (even before grandma).  I had my doctor's appointment on Friday and did my glucose test (which I have heard nothing on, sooo I'm assuming that means I passed...?), I was feeling HORRIBLE from this cold and cough, then I had to drink the glucose crap, then there was a new nurse training or doing her rotation or something, and that was SUPER annoying, then I gained another 7 pounds (have no idea how) then I asked the doc if I should get a flu shot and she said "YES, we'll give you one today!", which I was NOT mentally prepared for.  (I hate hate hate hate HATE shots, ever since I got one in each arm when I was 12 or 13 and almost passed out.)  Then they draw my blood, then forget about me in the waiting room before my flu shot, then I get the flu shot (which was HORRIBLE!!!  It's not the pain, there really isn't any, it's the needle going straight in, like where is that going???  Then pushing the fluid in and FEELING it, where is THAT going?!?  EW EW EW then your arm being sore after).  So after going through all that and being there for an hour and thinking about how much weight I've gained and still will gain, I started crying on the way home, which only made my cough worse which only made me feel worse.  By the time I got home I was a blubbering mess, and poor Dano didn't know what was going on or what to do.

Looking forward to: Door County and indulging in a glass of red wine!!!  Don't judge me, I'm doin it!

Not loving: This cold and cough!!!  I have been coughing for weeks!  And it's the type of cough that just takes over your entire body and you have no control over, it's not even me coughing, I cannot control it!  Other than the cold and cough (which I'm not sure are pregnancy related) and some heartburn/reflux here and there, I'm not sure I would even know I am pregnant lately!  Ok, I guess there's the peeing, not sleeping, crying, big old belly, and baby kicks to remind me...but overall, I still feel really great most of the time!

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment