Wednesday, September 12, 2012

23+ Weeks


I'll try to keep it shorter this week, I just realized I never even shared the pics from our 19 week ultrasound!!!  So I've included them at the end for your viewing pleasure :)

How far along? 23weeks 2days....all of a sudden the weeks are escaping me!!  How are they going so fast?!  Waiting for the bump, gender, and movement took FOREVER, and now that all those milestones have been reached, time is flyin!

Maternity clothes? Got a side-ruched long-sleeved tee and another belt that I plan to wear often above my belly to give me a "waist", ha.  I also bought my "skinny" jeans...and spent ALOT more than I planned :(  Damn Motherhood Maternity!!

Exercising: Did ok with the walking again and yoga.

Stretch marks? Nope, been examining it everyday hoping not to find one!

Sleep: Same as always; up a lot to pee, hands falling asleep and thumbs hurting.  And already over side-only sleeping :(

Best moment this week: Hmm not sure there was one...not that it was a bad week, just uneventful. I guess brunch with the family and Dan being able to go into work at 4am instead of 12am!  Yes, that was a good thing!

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? I don't think anything this week!

Movement: Still a lot, and starting to notice more patterns to her movement too.  She also likes to start kicking every time I get up to pee at night; practicing for those midnight wakings already!

Food cravings: Still sweets, sweets, sweets and lots of fruit, especially apples!  I've been eating like 2 or 3 a day!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same as usual, but I decided it was time to overcome my coffee aversion for a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte!!!  My favorite at my favorite time of year!  I had one already and it was DE-licous!  

Have you started to show yet: Yup!  I just love my belly!  I love purposely putting on tight shirts and having my belly poke out!  When I do look at maternity stuff, I look for form fitting things that show off the belly, rather than "tent-like" things that just make me look like a house!  It's such a nice change to just have a big smooth belly that I don't have to worry about sucking in, rather than one that is full of rolls and bumps and lumps that I have to try to keep sucked in with a tighter shirt on.

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? Still in, and definitely looks odd.  I have a pretty sad scar from a belly button piercing growing out (3 times) so that doesn't help how things look around it.

Wedding rings on or off? Off :(  Been wearing them around my neck even though I think it looks a little goofy.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but had some emotional days this week.  Had a few crying spells.  One in front of Dan while we were eating dinner, and I had NO idea why.  Those are always fun.

Looking forward to: Door County for our 1 year anniversary!!!  We are both SO excited to have some time off and just get away!!  I guess it's our "babymoon" too :)  Everyone says (and I knew it would happen) the first year goes SO fast!  But I cannot believe it!!  I can't believe it's almost been a WHOLE year since our wedding!!!  Also we are going to be purchasing more furniture for the nursery and registering soon!
  
Not loving: Don't think I really have any complaints this week!  Feeling all around pretty great!  Have some minor acid reflux here and there, but nothing I can't handle.  And I had one day where food was just making me ILL!  I was starving most of the day, but just couldn't put my finger on what I wanted!  I hardly ate anything that day cuz I was just over food.  I also am starting to feel exhaustion returning...I seem to be a bit ahead in trimesters as far as my symptoms; my "morning" sickness cleared up weeks before the second trimester, and now I'm getting exhausted and possibly "sick" again before I actually hit the 3rd!  Does this mean she's going to come early?!? ;)


Baby girl's beautiful profile!

Potty shot ;)

Knees curled up, laying face down

Baby feet!  It's a little blurry because she wouldn't stop kicking :)

And just for fun, what I see almost anytime I leave the house :)  He watches me back out the driveway like "I cannot believe you're leaving me, where could you be going?!"


Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Love following your blog! Congrats on your little girl! My hubby and I are expecting a boy in January :)
    Follow my blog at frombumptobabe.blogspot.com

    Take care!

    Devon

    ReplyDelete