Tuesday, September 4, 2012

22+ Weeks

Ok, so I need to start this off with saying that I read through some of my blog entries, and I feel like the way I write is very odd!  Not that I was ever a great writer, but I felt I could get things into words (that made sense) very easily.  Now things seem to be a big jumble!  I blame it on pregnancy brain, so try to stick with me ;)

How far along? 22weeks 1day

Maternity clothes? Nothing new, but shirts that fit (and look appropriate) over my belly are getting hard to come by.  I realized I will need some "skinny" maternity jeans, which sounds hilarious.  But in fall and winter, the only thing I ever wear on weekends is jeans tucked into boots, and you can really only do that with "skinny" jeans.  So trying on "skinny" jeans should be all kinds of fun with the way I look right now!

Exercising: YES!  We did pretty good this week!  Yoga and went for some long walks AND went on 2 bike rides...ok, ok one of them was a ride to the ice cream shop, but hey at least we burned calories riding there and back!  And man oh man did bike riding hurt my BUTT!!!  I don't remember it being so painful when I was a kid riding my bike everyday all day!  The first day hurt, but was manageable, the second day, it was still SO sore from the first, I had to stand up and ride most of the time!

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Hasn't been too bad lately, some hips hurting here and there and my hands always seem to be asleep or my thumbs hurt whenever I wake up, which is a lot for pee.  So that's kind of odd, maybe from sleeping only on my sides and therefore doing weird things with my arms...?  Or maybe just random coincidence a few nights in a row!

Best moment this week: A lot happened this week!  We got our bathtub and surround redone finally, we got our kitchen table delivered, Dan finished painting the nursery (which I'll get into sometime) AND I ordered the first nursery purchase!!  This gorgeous glider and a matching ottoman!

Little Castle Swivel Glider - The Linen Bordeaux Collection.Opens in a new window
I said I was going to try to not go so girly with things because I know larger purchases should stay gender neutral, but this was just TOO cute to pass up!!  I figured, I'll be able to use it in a blue or green room with a boy later...right?!  Or maybe by the second kid, I won't care as much...haha, right.   OORR, it actually would go quite well in our bedroom too!  Though Dan would never let me put this in our room and buy a second one for the next kid!  Oh, well, I love it, that's all that matters!

I guess I'll finally explain the paint situation.  We had bought 4 sample sizes to try out on the walls and decided on 2. I wanted to do a gray-ish-pink/light pink theme.  Well Dano went out and got them and got almost the whole room done one day while I was at work.  But when I got home, I could hardly tell which wall was "pink" and which one was "gray" :(  the colors look almost exactly the same.  Even though when we tried the samples they looked clearly different!  You can see the most difference at night in artificial light (which you can see below), but during the day in sunlight, it's not as obvious.  In fact in the picture, it doesn't look gray at ALL.  I know Dan will not agree to repaint the "gray" walls, which are really the problem.  So I think we're stuck with it.  I'm still trying to come up with solutions, but otherwise, we'll just leave it and have other gray accessories in the room (like the awesome chair!)

I'm also working on some really cool artwork and other things for the nursery that I'll be excited to show you!  I guess we should get around to getting a crib sometime soon!  That might be a little more important than artwork!

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Actually it was the week before, but I was really REALLY missing an ice cold brew on a Friday night!!  Like more than usual!  Dan was in the county softball playoffs and went to the championship game on Friday night (pause for reaction) and all I wanted to do was sit in the stands and get just a LITTLE bit tipsy!!  Dan always tells me "oh just have a sip!"  But it's not the "sips" I miss, it's the tossing a few back and getting just a little bit intoxicated that I miss....yikes does that make me sound like an alcoholic?!  Haha.  But I'm over it now, it was just that one night that it hit me really hard.  I'm now looking forward to my glass of red wine I've decided to have over our anniversary!

Movement: Tons!  She still likes to play the game where I feel lots of movement, so then I quick grab daddy's hand to feel, and she stops.  Little stinker already!  It's crazy how much she must move around in there!  One minute I feel her low, then I feel her high, then on the right side, then on the left, constantly moving!

Food cravings: Still loving cereal and sweets.  I also really wanted waffles one day!  So I made myself some blueberry waffles in my waffle maker!  Yum!  Then later in the same day, I made some key lime cupcakes...whoops...I guess you can say I'm still craving sweets!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same as usual, but have been drinking iced coffee regularly. 

Have you started to show yet: Yup!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out? Still in, some days it looks more shallow than others.  It hasn't been hurting as much or at all, so that's good news!  I don't think that sucker is going to pop, which is also good news.

Wedding rings on or off? Off :(  I've been wearing this ginormous square "diamond" cheap-o one I got at the State Fair one year!  Boooo!  I love my ring so much!!!  It looks a little silly on a chain around my neck; even Dan told me it looked a little weird and he never has an opinion of how things look!  But I've started to do it anyway.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy!

Looking forward to: It's sort of a looking forward to/NOT looking forward to; my glucose test in a week and a half!  Yikes!  I am TERRIFIED of getting gestational diabetes.  I don't really think I have any reasons to think I'd be at risk, but I'm still just hoping I pass.  I've never been good at modifying my eating habits (no matter how hard I try sometimes) and doing it while preggo and craving sugar, does NOT seem like fun!  Also I haven't heard good things about the sugar drink you have to drink before hand or the gallons of blood they draw from you, UGH!
  
Not loving: For once I can say this week has been relatively quiet with symptoms!  The belly button hurting and horrible acid reflux are GONE!  It was like they lasted a week or 2 and then completely went away!  This is what I mean about things changing daily!  (Disclaimer: I wrote that one day, and came back a few days later to finish the blog, and in those few days I did have more acid reflux :( but nothing too terrible)  I'm sure I'm not out of the woods yet with either, but they haven't bothered me lately.  However, I recall mentioning a couple weeks ago how wonderful my skin has been, well cross that off the list; breakout city this week :(  Again, how do things change so drastically from one day to the next?

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment