Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Catching up!

Oh my lanta I am SO behind!  I can't believe it's been almost SIX weeks since the little lady has been born!  Eventually I will post a birth story, but for right now, I'm going to do a bit of catch up, at least with some random pictures I never got to post in the week leading up to her birth.

Here's just another one of Cly cuddling with his sister...he did not feel as lovey dovey when we first got home with her!  Luckily he's warmed up for the most part.  He mostly just avoids her.


My 39 week board that never made it to the blog.  It's actually still hanging in our room with this written on it.  No questionnaire to go with it, but I just liked the board :)  And man, was I HUGE and MISERABLE!!  Sometimes I wondered if I was just being a baby or being overdramatic about all my symptoms and all the weird things happening to my body, but now that I'm no longer pregnant, I can honestly say I WASN'T being either!  Now that I'm back to feeling "normal", I know all the stuff making me miserable was real and not just in my head.  And I can happily say that NONE of it has lingered!  My acid reflux came right out with her and I can barely remember what it felt like!  I can breathe again, I'm not constantly overheated, my hips don't hurt and I have feet and ankles again!!  Though that symptom did linger for about a week, as well as my carpal tunnel syndrome.  The week after giving birth my feet and ankles were GINORMOUS, in fact I have a picture I'll post sometime, and my hands were 10 times worse with the sleepiness.  BUT it's all gone now!


This was our goofy picture for our Christmas card.  Last year all 3 of us wore ugly Christmas sweaters, yes including Clyde, and it was a hit with family and friends.  So we decided to keep up the tradition; I was Santa, Dan was an elf, and Clydo was a reindeer.  This picture probably took a good hour and LOTS of hissing to capture.


I wasn't going to do this, but I wanted them for my own memory and then thought "what the heck, other people might 'enjoy' seeing this"...haha yeah right!  I was actually in labor when we took these pictures, probably a couple hours before we headed to the hospital, so I'm so glad we remembered to do it.  Look at that thing!!


Alright that's all for now, next up I'm working on my birth story!!  And plenty more pictures of the little lady will be sure to come!  Thanks for reading and being patient with my slow posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment