Monday, August 20, 2012

20+ Weeks

What a horrible picture!!!  They are getting uglier every week!

How far along? 20weeks 1day.  Oh my gosh, halfway through!  I cannot believe that!  I think the time is going to start to fly too!  Fall is almost here (my favorite time of year), all the big milestones are pretty much over; definite bump, movement, gender.  All that's left to look forward to is birth!  The next months will be spent registering, getting the room painted and in order, purchasing a crib and furniture and then it will be the holidays and then baby time before you know it!  YIKES!

Maternity clothes? I hate to admit it, but I bought a pair of cargo-ish style capris.  I just didn't have enough casual things for weekends to get me by!  All of my shirts are starting to be too short too.  I like my shirts really long to begin with, so with this bump sticking out, it makes my shirt hike up and hang funny, and that is not ok!  I used to be able to go for literally MONTHS without wearing the same outfit twice, now I'm lucky if I can not wear the same outfit 2 weeks in a row because of what fits me :(  I don't even know what out of my fall and winter clothes are going to fit.

Exercising: Yoga and "discussing" signing up for Zumba, haha.  I know I NEED the exercise and I NEED a structured class so I'm more likely to go.  But I just hate having 2 commitments in a week that are work out classes.  Stupid working out!

Stretch marks? Nope

Sleep: Well when I'm not waking up with my new symptoms of coughing and heartburn/acid reflux, plus peeing, hips hurting, Clyde, or being on my back...sleep is just great!  I know it's still kinda early for me to be complaining cuz I'm sure it only gets worse, but man, I am definitely struggling already.


Best moment this week: Having Friday off, and being able to sleep in with Dano on Friday AND Saturday mornings!!!  Also we picked the paint colors for the nursery and Dan is painting it while I'm at work!  YIKES!

Have you told family and friends: Yup!

Miss Anything? Nothing new.

Movement: Oh yeah, lots and lots more!!  Some kicks are so hard I swear she is going to come right through my belly!  I actually jump and gasp sometimes.

Food cravings: Sweets and ice cream as usual.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Same as always, pretty sure I can drink iced coffee though.

Have you started to show yet: Yep.  I'm actually pretty depressed about what a house I am looking like :(  I don't mean my belly, I know that's going to get bigger and I'm fine with that.  But I think it's starting to show in my face and arms :(  I always knew I would never be a "belly only" girl, but it's sadder than I thought.  And only going to get worse :(  And if I hear one more person say "you're not fat, you're pregnant", I will punch them!  Obviously I know I'm preggo, but it is not fun expanding ALL parts of your body, and sooner than you thought!!

Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL, IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!  :)

Labor Signs: Nope
 
Belly Button in or out?  It's definitely shallower, and it seems to be stretching horizontally!  For some reason I wasn't expecting that.  Especially at the end of the day when my belly is really big, the very top of my belly button is stretched so much to the sides, that the skin is taut and kind of hurts to touch!  It seems like it could rip at anytime.  Ewww!

Wedding rings on or off? Off :( and I am very sad and depressed about it.  Again, for some reason, something I thought was not going to happen to me.  I'd always see girls having to take them off, and never understood and I'd think "well why not just leave them on, how bad can it be?"  Now I know.  I could still get them on if I wanted and used cold water, but then my finger throbs for awhile, and if I get even a little bit warm (which is all the time now) it starts to hurt really bad and I freak out about getting them off.  Definitely don't want to end up in the emergency room getting those suckers cut off.  I informed Dano he has to buy me a cheap (ish) ring that I can wear for the rest of my pregnancy so I'm not the "pregnant unmarried lady"  hahaha.  I don't think he's biting.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy happy!

Looking forward to: A cloth diapering class this weekend!  Haha, how sad what I get excited about!  Yes we are considering cloth diapering, call us crazy if you want, but we want to give it a go.  Both of our parents did it for all their kids and we are both the oldest, so we are SOMEWHAT familiar with how it goes, though a lot has changed.  We're not 100% set on it yet, but the more I learn and figure out how it will work for us, I think we can do it!  Also looking forward to fall and football season!!  It is upon us!!  Here's pic from the game I went to on Thursday.  They lost, but I just absolutely love being at Lambeau Field!!!!
  

Not loving: Oh man, a lot this week; my not being able to breathe thing was at an all time high.  It basically feels like I can only get air into my throat and not into my lungs.  Then that turned into wheezing when I'd really try to get a deep breath in.  Then the wheezing turned into this horrible cough that I've had for a week now.  And not sure if any of it is related, but acid reflux/heartburn!  OH MY GOD!  Another thing I thought I'd escape for some reason, maybe cuz I've never really had it before.  The coughing and burning wake me up at night, I feel like I could breathe fire.  Luckily I have a doctor appointment this week, so I'm going to ask her about some of this stuff.  Also the night time leg cramps have begun.  If labor is worse than leg cramps, I'm in trouble...haha...joking obviously, but the pain from these cramps and the not being able to do anything but writhe in pain til it's over, is almost too much to bear.  And then it hurts to walk for the next 2 days.

Thanks for reading!
~Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment